Last Updated on 8 May 2007
Decisive Publishing Pty Ltd (“Decisive”) is the publisher of the Communications Day, CommsDay ASEAN, Broadband Communities, CommsDay Weekly and Asian Century publications. It also operates websites at CommsDay.com, CommsDay.com.au, CommsDay.net and Decisive.com.au. This policy applies to all sites that form part of the network of Decisive sites.
Decisive Publishing wants to make our privacy practices clear and easy to understand. Decisive Publishing is a licensee of the BBBOnLine Privacy Program. You may contact the Better Business Bureau if you believe a privacy question is not properly addressed.
Information We Gather
The information we gather falls into two categories:
1) personal information you voluntarily supply when you subscribe, order, complete a survey, register for an online discussion, enter a contest or provide your e-mail address, and
2) tracking information collected as you navigate through our sites.
Use of Information
• If you have registered online to one of our sites, Decisive Publishing will not sell, rent, swap or authorize any third party to use your e-mail address without your permission. This also applies to any information that personally identifies you, except as noted immediately below. We do, however, share information about our audience in aggregate form. For example, we may want to know how long the average reader spends on our site, or which pages or features get the most attention.
• If you are a subscriber to a Decisive Publishing publication and subscribed either by mail, phone or online, we may exchange or rent your name and mailing address (but not your e-mail address) with other reputable companies that offer marketing information or products through direct mail. If you prefer that we do not share this information, you may opt-out.
• Decisive Publishing may perform statistical analyses of subscribers and their subscribing and purchasing patterns for product development purposes and to generally inform advertisers about the nature of our subscriber base.
• We may use demographic and preference information to allow advertising on our Web sites to be targeted, in aggregate, to the users for whom they are most pertinent.
• We contract with other companies to provide services on our behalf, including credit-card and billing processing, shipping, e-mail distribution, list processing and analytics or promotions management.
• Any information you disclose when posting to a message board, along with your message board screen name or ID, becomes public and may be used by Decisive Publishing for online and offline promotional or commercial uses in any and all media.
Your Privacy Choices
If, at any time, you prefer not to receive e-mail marketing information from us, simply follow the unsubscribe options at the bottom of each e-mail. If, at any time, you prefer not to receive traditional mail or telephone solicitations originated by Decisive Publishing and its third party affiliates, you may choose to opt-out. To view and edit your personal information, please visit the appropriate part of our Web site.
How To Contact Us
For any questions or comments regarding our information or security practices, you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail at:
Decisive Publishing Pty Ltd
PO Box A191
Sydney South NSW 1235