Over 40 finalists have been announced for the Edison Awards, CommsDay’s new telecom industry award program, to be held on Thursday March 16 in Sydney.
The most heavily contested category is the Best Internet of Things/Machine 2 Machine company category where six firms are lining up for recognition: Challenge Networks, Cisco, NNNCo, Huawei, Telstra and Vodafone.
Another keenly contested category is Best Virtual Network Operator—a technology agnostic category covering virtual operators of both mobile and fixed networks—where five have made the shortlist: Amaysim, Foxtel, NextDC, Southern Phone and Symbio.
The fixed wireless category is another one with strong competition, with BigAir, NBN, Optus and Vertel all in contention, as with the law firm category where Bird & Bird, Clayton Utz, King & Wood Mallesons and Maddocks are all listed.
The Edison awards finalists
* Best telecom marketing initiative: Cisco, Huawei, Telstra
* Best telecom law firm: Bird & Bird, Clayton Utz, King & Wood Mallesons, Maddocks
* Best mobile device: To be announced on the night
* Best cloud provider: BigAir, Cisco, Telstra
* Best telecom core network vendor: Ericsson, Juniper, Nokia
* Best telecom software or support system vendor: Cisco, EEConnect
* Best data centre operator: Equinix, Metronode, NextDC
* Best voice and hosted PBX provider: Aussie Broadband, MNF, Symbio
* Best fixed wireless operator: BigAir, NBN, Optus, Vertel
* Best virtual network operator: Amaysim, Foxtel, NextDC, Southern Phone, Symbio
* Best streaming video on demand provider: Foxtel, Optus
* Best IoT/M2M company: Challenge Networks, Cisco, NNNCo, Huawei, Telstra, Vodafone
* Best satellite company: To be announced on the night
* Best broadband provider/ISP: Aussie Broadband, Foxtel, Optus, Telstra
* Best mobile operator: Optus, Telstra, Vodafone
* CommsDay Hall of Fame: To be announced on the night
Note: Additional nominees are currently being considered and may be added to shortlist